Tuesday, June 15, 2010

In the Middle

It's a little bittersweet, watching your kids grow up. I guess Theron is either a big little boy or a little big boy these days. He seems so grown up sometimes, carrying on conversations and such; then when I check on  him at night before I go to bed, I'll notice that he still has little boys hands and sleeps burrowed down into a nest of pillows and his childhood blanket. It's an interesting mix, and one I'm guessing won't last too long. Today I offered to pay him to mow the lawn (he's saving up for a keyboard) and he just went right out and did it. He donned the safety glasses that came with a nerf dartgun (see - still my little boy!), got the mower out of the shed, started it up, and went at it all by himself. (I can see this being a very good thing in my life.) His wrists are sticking out of the sleeves of a shirt we bought two weeks ago and he still doesn't care much about brushing his hair before he leaves the house in the morning, but all signs are pointing toward the impending fact that he is growing up. I can't quite decide how I feel about it.

3 comments:

mandy* said...

I love that he wore "safety glasses." Too funny!

Danielle said...

Yah, my kid isn't even 3 yet and I can't decide how I feel about him growing up. :)

Auburn said...

that is so, so, cute. I love it.