Monday, October 22, 2007

Corndog Chaos

Today has been filled with little explosions of chaos, the most intense one being the dinnertime circus. Being "one of those days," plus the fact that Theron was working late, I decided to cop out and feed the kids corn dogs. So, the corndogs are heating in the toaster oven and suddenly I am accosted by a brilliant display of sound and motion. All at once Vivian (who is somehow mysteriously half naked and covered in green marker) is climbing up my leg and repeating a rhythmic "A see a whood? A see a whood! A see a whood? A see a whood!" (For those who don't speak her particular dialect, that's "I want to see the food," with her tone alternating between question and command). At the same time Seth launches into the ever popular "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!" -- each "Mom!" punctuated with approximately three finger jabs to my arm. To complete the frenzy, Theron is giving an animated demonstration of the Pokemon scenario he and Calvin acted out at recess today. So, a little blaze of craziness and then the toaster oven dings, I put the cordogs on the plates, and peace is restored. Of course then the boys say "Hey! We had corndogs for lunch today!" Great. Well, you do have the bread group, the meat group, plus all the other groups that are probably represented in the "meat" that makes up a hotdog. They each had a glass of milk, no one wanted applesauce, and I am calling it good. Now I'm getting pajamas out and heading for the home stretch!

1 comment:

Kuhrau Family said...

sounds all to familiar. Only it sounds much funnier when it is not happening to me. I always think of Seth on corndog day.