Saturday, September 6, 2008

What Does it Take?

So, what does it take to bring me out of my shameful lapse in blogging? Maybe Theron graduating from dental school and buying a practice? Nope. Or buying a house of our very own and moving into it? Not that either. Surely then, it must be wrecking our car and replacing it with a totally sweet '93 wood paneled station wagon. No again. Yes, all those things happened. But what I really just couldn't resist blogging about was BYU FOOTBALL! WOOO HOOOO! I LOVE BYU football. I love it so much that we had season tickets when we lived in Provo and the only game we missed was BYU vs. San Diego State in 2001. That game, we watched on TV in the hospital while I gave birth to our second child, who, being the accommodating little soul he is, made his debut during half time. BYU defeated San Diego State 59-21 and Seth was born a healthy 7 lbs 3 oz.

Today the mighty Cougs came to Seattle, so Theron and I took the boys (Viv stayed with a sitter) to the stadium with a bunch of friends and cheered our men on to victory with a final score of 28-27. Not much can match the roar of the crowd, the smell of hot dogs, the stickiness of spilled soda on the soles of your shoes, and the rumble of the bleachers under your feet. The skies were sunny and our boys in blue managed to win in spite of some infuriatingly incompetent referees. In the end, justice was served and we tried really hard to keep the smug smiles off our faces in the midst of our foes.

Of course, being the inept blogger that I am, I didn't bring a camera so you'll have to make do with photos I found on the net.






Now that I've broken through that awkward barrier of "first-post-in-such-a long-time-that-it-has-to-be-really-awesome-to-make-up-the-deficit," I'm sure I'll be posting more regularly. I have a lot on my mind and I even promise to post some actual pictures of my actual family soon. So, stay tuned, because I'm back in the saddle. (and leave a comment here so I can see if I have any ultra-faithful readers who still have enough hope to check if I've finally posted something new.

8 comments:

amber said...

here i am sarah! call me a blog stalker, i'm glad to see an update! :)

cat said...

call me ol' faithful! g;ad to see you back again!
and that really was SUCH a good game!

Renee' P said...

Yea you do live! This is Theron's cousin, Renee'! How are you? I am a blogger too and have been waiting for you to post. Come visit my blog please! vrpendergrass.blogspot.com. My email is rsp80@yahoo.com
I can't wait to see current pics of you family!!

Kuhrau Family said...

It's about time!!!! Can't wait to see the station wagon. Go Huskies!

christie said...

you are alive !! glad you had fun at that crazy game.. give the kids my love :)

Tamaratravel said...

jealous about the car but not the game...you know my family would be rooting for the huskies...Anne said you bought their house..nice..

Crystal said...

I saw you guys walking at the game last weekend but new our yells wouldn't even reach you. What an awesome game though. Welcome back! Congrats on the new house too!

Danielle said...

Ah Sarah...I can finally put you back on my list of friends with blogs. Welcome back. :)