Monday, March 29, 2010

A Conversation with Vivian

ME: Dad tore off the hub cap with his bare hands.
VIVIAN: Dad doesn't have bear hands!
THERON: Bare means no clothes on.
VIVIAN: But bears don't wear clothes.

This reminds me of another little chat we had last summer (back in my non-blogging days).

VIV:do rats live in the dark?
ME: in some places I guess.
VIV: and they fly around?
ME:Do you mean bats?
VIV:that's what I just said.
ME:Oh. Well, yes, bats fly around at night and sleep during the day.
VIV:Do rats eat their breakfast in the sunshine?
ME:You mean bats?
VIV:That's what I just said.
ME:No, bats eat at night.
VIV: Do rats eat their breakfast in the morning?
ME:You mean bats?
VIV:No, I'm talking about rats now. Do they eat their breakfast in the sunshine?
ME:I guess they do.
VIV:And they don't get too hot? ...

That's what goes on ALLLLLLLL day at our house.

4 comments:

Carly&Seth said...

this made me laugh really hard!

Danielle said...

Sarah! I had forsaken your blog and removed it from my list figuring you'd never be back, and here you are! I feel bad... ;)

amber said...

Hahaha, that sounds like fun to me! :) And, I love the new look of your blog, especially the description of the picture up top. :)

Sarah said...

Thanks, Amber. I figured if I put some time and effort into it maybe I'd be less likely to abandon it.

Danielle - I'm surprised you checked back. Even I had given it up for lost :)